Tuesday, September 11, 2012
This and That
You may have noticed I've been playing around lately with this typeface as I try to give my blog a little bit of visual personality (especially since being non-technical, the thought of learning where to begin to make it stand out visually in other ways gives me a headache). I also would like to communicate that I really took some time when I share something. Taking the time that we used to take making handwritten words is one little way of conveying that I value everyone with whom I'm sharing these posts.
I'm still unsure if doing the giant punctuation thing in otherwise normal typeface achieves this or if more than being personable it wanders into cheesy. Whatever I decide, I'll probably only do it for shorter posts because doing this on the longer ones might begin to feel like Chinese water torture to my hands and eyeballs. Or maybe a text-version of Where's Waldo.
Highlighting certain words synesthetically on occasion felt fun but I also gave some thought to it and realized that any frequency beyond rare makes my posts look as if an eight-year-old hacked into my account. Also noticed the two features combined to give my posts that serial killer/ransom letter feel I generally think is something to consider avoiding for the blog that tends to lean more toward the brighter side of life.
If you have an opinion one way or the other on any of these thoughts or anything else about this blog, I'd love to hear from you. It would really help too. :)
Peace,
ME
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment